I just love having a nice hot shower! Feeling the warm water run over my head and face. It warms me up when I’ve come in from outside after work, or simply when I just want to relax a little.
Recently, I got thinking – “I wish I could stay in here for hours.” Obviously I can’t (or don’t) – some might say it’s a waste of water and others would simply say ‘I already don’t like paying for water, so the longer I stay in here the more I’ll have to pay.”
Then I thought:
“A nice hot shower is just like life.”
It’s like being in the shower is my comfort zone. There are some reasons to stay in the shower:
– It’s so soothing and relaxing.
– It’s too cold out.
– It takes too much effort to dry and do my hair once I’m out.
– It’s just so nice.
And…. there are at least 3 reasons to get out of the shower:
1. You can’t stay in there forever. It’s literally impossible, you simply couldn’t stand for hours and hours and days and weeks and months… (you get the point). Plus you’d go wrinkly and I’m sure that’s bad for your skin eventually! If you stay in, you might miss the phone call offering you an opportunity of a life time, plus you’ll miss those amazing experiences with your friends and family that create memories.
2. There’s a rush when you first get out. Who doesn’t love a good rush! It’s get your adrenaline pumping! On these cold winter mornings, the brisk cold air touches your skin and gives you a boost that doesn’t necessarily feel good but it wakes you up, it refreshes you.
3. Your life is waiting for you. Once you get out of the shower, you enter into the rest of your day. You get to interact with those people in your life that you love, or you get to go to work and leave your impact on your clients, customers or colleagues. You get to struggle with the crappy things in life (yes, we don’t like this part, and it is what makes us who we are.) Who knows, maybe the “grass is greener” out of the shower, if you don’t get out you’ll never know!
A nice hot shower. It’s just like life and getting out of the shower is taking a step out into your life. It’s taking a step outside your comfort zone.
You can’t stay inside your comfort zone forever, you will find life gets stagnant. When you step outside your comfort zone you will experience a rush like you’ve never felt before and then that rush will ease and you might say ‘let’s do it again!’. And finally, when you step outside your comfort zone, your life will be waiting for you.
Take the Step. Take the Journey. There will be highs and lows. It’ll be worth it, even if you only find out in years to come.
Journeez, is located in North Eastern Suburbs of Adelaide and are specialists in Self Care and learning to look after yourself in this fast-paced society. Please contact me today for further information about Self Care workshops and seminars for businesses, churches or community groups or to book a counselling or mentoring appointment. You are also welcome to join the Journeez community by subscribing to this blog or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Enhancing Personal and Professional Well-Being.